Government Relations and Transportation Committee Meeting
PurposeTo make a bottom-line impact for members by advocating for a favorable business climate through interactive public policy engagement, and providing ongoing representation and information in government at local, state and federal levels.
- Analyze and develop a public policy agenda on issues that affect members of the business community based on member input.
- Lobby elected and appointed officials on Chamber issues.
- Maintain and enhance the Chamber’s presence at the Arizona Legislature.
- Host issue forums and candidate debates throughout the year with City, County, State, and Federal elected and appointed officials.
- Meet with and develop relationships with Tempe congressional representatives.
- Work with other business organizations on common priority issues.
- Disseminate information through the Monday Morning Update and the Business and Government section of The Business Advocate.
- As needed, utilize an ad-hoc local government subcommittee to research local issues and/or create local position statements.
- Represent the business community as an advocate for multi-modal transportation.
- Working collaboratively with other chambers in the East Valley Chambers of Commerce Alliance.