Department: Group Events
Supervisor: Events Operations Manager
Supervises: Additional set-up staff when needed
FLSA Status: Full Time, Regular, Non-Exempt
Starting Pay Rate: $18.74/hour
Application Submission Deadline: Open until filled
The Event Facilitator is responsible for the preparation, execution, completion, and clean-up of private events for social, corporate and internal clients. Coordinates and provides client, vendor and guest access to the facilities and support at venue as needed on day of event following direction form Corporate/ Social Event Sales Staff to ensure an on time and successful event.
- Provide quality guest service to both internal and external guests by maintaining a WILD (friendly, helpful, positive and professional) working attitude and appearance.
- Work collaboratively with Group Event department staff, rental company staff, caterers, Park Rangers, bartenders and other third party and internal staff members to ensure event needs are met.
- Prepare, clean, set-up and breakdown corporate, social, and internal events when required by departments schedule/workload.
- Assist in facilitating necessary furnishings, equipment and services as needed by client and or third-party vendors.
- Maintain facilities and equipment with the assistance of Operations staff
- Prepare monthly inventory of liquor and bar related supplies (notify Event Operations Manager of need to replenish inventory).
- Oversee set up and facilitation of all alcohol service at private or internal events while enforcing Phoenix Zoo House Rules and Arizona State Liquor Laws in regard to alcohol distribution.
- Report all facility or equipment problems to Event Operations Manager.
- Assist with special and fundraising events as needed.
- Assist WILD Birthdays program as needed.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments.)