JOB DESCRIPTION: Programs & Events Manager
REPORTS TO: President/CEO
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION-STAFFING: This position supervises the programming & event activity of the Chamber and leads in the coordination and execution of the events calendar of the Chamber and Chamber Foundation
The Programs & Events Manager (PEM) functions as the Chamber’s events and programs developer and producer, coordinating and supporting Chamber programs through effective planning, marketing, vendor procurement, volunteer coordination, budget projecting and reporting. The PEM will work with Valley businesses to assess the informational needs of the community to determine appropriate content for events and programming.
The following is a list of major duties and responsibilities for this position along with certain supportive duties. It is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as needed and in addition, the President/CEO, as appropriate, may modify this job description.
PRIMARY / ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Contribute to achievement of the Chamber’s financial and attendance goals by planning and coordinating Chamber programs, events, and activities, including but not limited to:
o Economic Outlook |State of the District
o Mentoring Program
o Emerging Issues Forums
o Red, White and Blue Awards
o Diversity & Leadership Conference & Expo
o State of the Chamber and Annual Awards
o ASU Sun Devil Kickoff Luncheon
o State of the City
o Health, Wellness & Sustainability Summit + Pledge Program
o Stars & Strikes Bowl A Thon
o Membership 101 (assistance)
o Business Before and After Hours (assistance)
• Provide a budget for each event; provide accounting with all revenues/expenditures; and ensure that an “actual to budget” is provided to the President & CEO and Director of Finance.
• Work with sponsors on all facets of event management and sponsorship fulfillment
• Participate in annual review of events and programs, determining whether they meet member needs and organizational goals.
• Manage and track events calendar; coordinate staff, volunteer or otherwise, to ensure a successful event.
• Serves as staff liaison to Chamber Committees, specifically Women in Business Committee, and as assigned by President & CEO.
• Plans, prepares, and coordinates event advertising and sponsorship promotion materials with marketing and sales personnel, as well as with the final approval of President & CEO.
• Provides for event web pages that are informative and promote event attendance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrates a strong working knowledge of all aspects necessary to ensure that team functions are performed effectively.
• Seeks out opportunities to expand related knowledge and skills through formal and/or informal education.
• Actively looks for opportunities to improve processes and shares these ideas with the President and CEO.
• Effectively shares knowledge and information with others.
CULTURE OF COLLABORATION
• Communicates in a strong, positive, and effective manner both verbally and non-verbally.
• Consistently demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect for others, role modeling this behavior for others.
• Demonstrates the behaviors of an effective leader.
o Shares knowledge, information and ideas and encourages others to do so as well.
o Encourages others’ opinions and perspectives.
o Seeks input from others.
o Compromises to ensure an optimal solution for clients and team.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with Chamber employees and members.
o Offers assistance and support.
o Keeps commitments and follows through on promises.
• Demonstrates a high level of personal accountability:
o Completes assigned work within acceptable quality standards and established timeframes.
o Adheres to established policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and regulations and interprets these for team members.
o Receives and provides constructive feedback and integrates to improve personal and organizational performance.
o Utilizes time effectively, ensuring that all work hours are used for work-related activities.
• Safeguards organizational resources by:
o Utilizing resources such as time, equipment, supplies and people appropriately and effectively.
o Helps others to understand the financial impact of decisions.
o Identifies ways to increase efficiency and lower costs and facilitates this feedback from team members.
o Recognizes the importance of each employee’s role in the success of the organization and works to support it.
• Makes decisions based on appropriate and available data.
• Understanding that information and expertise are key to the success of the Chamber, works judiciously to protect confidential information and to share expertise with others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 4-year degree in business or equivalent in education and experience.
• Prefer experience in a membership driven, non-profit organization.
• Experience in preparing event budgets, marketing material and communications.
•Web page maintenance experience a plus
•Strong knowledge of database management software
•Strong computer skills with MS Office, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
This position requires the incumbent to be able to communicate effectively with volunteers, members, suppliers, media, and others to promote events. Must be able to present information in one-on-one settings and in front of groups. Must be able to use the telephone to communicate as well as use the computer to research, create materials, and communicate. Position requires ability to hear, speak and see; must be able to listen to others as well as observe body language. Incumbent must be mobile, able to attend meetings, events at different locations; direct/observe event set up; select decorations; listen to sound systems; check lighting and so on. Ability to operate computer keyboard, mouse, printers, scanner, telephone, video and still camera and various small office equipment. Must be able to sit at and operate a computer workstation and occasionally lift loads of up to 25 pounds.
COMPENSATION (Based upon experience):
•Salary: $40,000 - $55,000
[Plus Bonuses & Additional Revenue Opportunities]
•Insurance: Single group medical, dental, vision, life, long-term, and short-term disability
•Retirement plan available
•Vacation, National holidays, paid sick leave
•Training: Local, regional, and national training opportunities
Apply Today: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3300872027