Maricopa Community College District
Maricopa's most notable hallmark has been one of commitment to serving students and community well - this is the reason Maricopa exists.
* Encourage and support the development of all to meet their potential.
* Listen actively to various opinions.
* Embrace and support diversity.
* Treat all people with dignity.
* Maintain the confidentiality of interpersonal communication.
* Speak truthfully and candidly.
* Act with integrity.
* Represent information accurately.
* Demonstrate consistency between what is said and what is done.
* Respond to the educational needs of our communities.
* Honor the public trust.
* Be accountable for appropriate, efficient, and effective use of resources.
* Meet performance expectations for personal and professional conduct.
* Foster a safe environment.
* Treat everyone equitably, without favoritism or prejudice.
* Practice unbiased assessments of issues and individuals.
* Establish and maintain realistic performance expectations.
* Nurture a culture of mutual appreciation.
* Cultivate empathy and a compassionate response to others.
* Practice positive intervention and appropriate resolution.
* Support the development of the individual as a whole person.
* Maintain academic freedom and a free exchange of views.
* Ensure the opportunity to exercise choices.
* Encourage innovation, risk-taking, and creativity.
* Create a culture devoid of fear, retaliation, or revenge.